Monday, April 14, 2014

Bunny Pots




This activity was directly inspired by the AC Moore sale circular.  I like for the boys to make little gifts for some family member for the holidays and I when I saw these bunny pots I knew they would be perfect!  I also liked that it would not only involve a little arts and crafts but also the experience of planting.
 

Here’s what you’ll need:

Clay pot

White foam sheet (use to cut out ears)

Pink foam sheet (use to cut out inside of ears and circle for cheeks)

Googly eyes

Sequin

Pom-pom or cotton ball

White paint

Paint brush

Glue

 

I’ve mentioned this before – my boys are not so into sitting down and doing crafts so I have to be a little creative.  The first thing we had to do was paint the pots white.  I decided to let them paint outside and bought regular large paint brushes.  I knew painting with the brushes that daddy uses would get them interested.  It took quite a while for the pots to get painted because we were doing quite a few.  The boys would paint for a while then run off to play with something else and then come back and start again.  I was glad that we did it outside because if we were inside, I would have definitely cleaned up the pots and paint the first time they walked away from it. 


 

Once the paint was dry, we glued on the EARS, PINK INSIDE of the EARS and CHEEKS.  We use the sequin as a nose and the cotton ball for a tail.  We added the googly eyes and our bunny was completely adorable!  Since we made a few, I had the boys glue the parts on in the same order.  I thought it would be a good practice of MEMORY and SEQUENCING.  After doing the first one together, I held on to all the parts and had the boys ASK for what they needed.  Formulating QUESTIONS is another important language skill!  I always asked what they needed NEXT and tried to have them think back to the first bunny pot we made.  I made it into more of a silly game so they wouldn’t feel frustrated if they didn’t remember. 

 

Over the next few days, we’ll be planting some flowers in our pots and then they’ll be ready to give out as Easter presents!

Love & Language,

Marisa

 

 

 

1 comment:

  1. I love this one too. I don't know where you find the time to DO these things in addition to BLOGGING about them, you are fabulous! Keep it up, please! ;)

    ReplyDelete